Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time Lapse: Making a Treasure Chest Cake

I love the way the cake gets 'painted' - creates a great effect. Another idea for your novelty birthday cakes.

via Cake Decorating Ideas by on 7/09/10


So, my birthday was last week, a couple of my friends are graduating college and I will too a couple month after them, my ‘brother’ published his first book, I had a good semester, we had a great season at work (selling out over 85% of our shows), and I am just loving life so I decided to have not just a party, but a PIRATE PARTY to celebrate!!!! What’s a pirate party without a chest full of booty?! I decided to make one and it turned out AMAZING. Its has vanilla on the bottom and chocolate on the top, coated with organic homemade buttercream icing, homemake fondant, and organic sugar sand at the bottom. The cake was made with about 70% organic ingredients. It took me three days to complete and about 20 hours of hard work. I am very proud. Btw, this was only my 3rd cake I have ever made in my life! I am the master!!!!

Similar Posts from the Internet:

This post via Cake Decorating Ideas, where you can view pictures of cakes that are beautifully decorated.

Time Lapse: Making a Treasure Chest Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment